Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fat Loss Project-Day 8

Sunday, 21 September, 2009
Well, I arrived home late last night and was upset to find that protein powder was on the list because I thought we were only using nonprocessed whole foods and I have tried to get protein powder here before, but could only find very expensive kind with sugar in it!
I also have not been able to find any berries! I love to eat them, but they are just not available here. I was in Thailand last week and tried to buy them, but they had run out! So, I am frustrated that I cannot follow the nutrition portion of the program exactly.
Here is what I have eaten so far this morning:
Smoothie:
0730 - 1-1/4 water, 1c frozen peaches, 1/2c oats, 4 Tbsp Yogurt, 1 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil, 3 pc jackfruit, 28 almonds
Herb tea

I only have the almonds and flax seed oil because I bring them over with me when I visit USA. I know that I'm probably the only one on the program with limited supplies of products, but I would like to know what to substitute when something cannot be found. So, how does this morning's "meal" look?

Thanks for reading my ranting!
I'm at the end of my day, now, but still don't know if what I ate was acceptable or not???
Here's the remainder . . .

. . . Continued . . .
0800 - Herb Tea
1000 - H2O, 350cc
1030 - 1/2 Smoothie
1200 - H2O, 240cc
1315 - Apple
1400 - Tuna (1can), Red/Green Capsiums (1/4c), Banana Pepper (1/4), Onion (1/4c), Dill pickle (1), Black Beans (1/4c), Lettuce (1c), Spicy mustard (1tsp), Lime
1700 - Carrots-Broccoli-Cauliflower-Celery Tops (2c), Pork Loin, EVO/Lime
1800-1900 - H2O, 1-1/2L
2000 - Lettuce (2c), Vegies (1c), EVO/Lime, Smoked Fish
2130 - H2O, 1L
Exercise:
0630 - Stretches

1800 - Treadmill: Warm-up 5min @5km; 2min @7km; 2.5min @5km; 2min @7; 2.5 @5km; 2min @7km; 2.5min @5km
Exercises:
Shoulder Squat: 2kg x 12 x 12 x 12
Step-Ups: 2kg x 12 x 12 x 12
Push-up, bench: bw x 15 x 15 x 15 (could only do 1 on the floor, so stick with these)
Dumbell Burpees: 2kg x 10 x 12 x 12 (still not fast with these)
Bench Dips, straight legs: bw x 12 x 12 x 12
Get-Ups, wt: 2kg x 6 x 6 x 6 (still struggle with get-ups, left knee hurts)
Had to rest more than 90 seconds between sets.
Stretches

6 comments:

  1. Helen, dont say "only" a kilo. A kilo is a good lot of fat to lose in just one week. I've probably lost more coz I simply have a lot more to lose! It's relative to your current weight. So good work! Wonder how many kilos we will all lose across the whole group in six weeks?! Probably a whole person worth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think that I was really down yesterday. Last year about this same time I lost 12kgs doing raw foods, but I've gained back 7kgs. I saw the gain, but I just couldn't give up the foods I enjoyed again. So, I'm grateful for the motivation from our project. There have been many times in the last week that I've been tempted to have something really not on the menu, but the committment has kept me on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay on track, you're doing well. I am so committed to this, nothing has tempted me yet. I have made their lunches and not even licked the honey knife! In fact i think I have the better deal eating these nice berries and things. Last night i had fish and they had tabouleh. Could see the kids would prefer my plate. Most nights we eat the same thing, so that makes it easier.

    Sorry you were down, hard when you cnat have a plunger of coffee (my usual solution).

    What foods are still tempting you? Maybe it will help to identify them and understand WHY you feel tempted still (but did not gve in!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get fresh berries! I haven't even been able to get the frozen ones, yet. The foods I miss the most are coffee and wine. The new coffee machine at work is in constant use, filling the air with that wonderful aroma. Last night, my husband had poured a glass of wine and left it on a cabinet by the back door. When I walked by the aroma just captured me! He also had bought a cake for guests while I was away over the weekend and the leftover was in the fridge, but that really didn't tempt me. So, guess just the wine and coffee. That's the what, but don't know the why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how you cant get berries?! Coffee has a strong smell and is really in your face, that must be hard. Try not to smell the wine too I guess. I thought I'd miss wine, but I am coping OK with that. Do miss the effect of social relaxation it gives though, rather than the taste. I'll have to learn to do that chemical free. Right now I am so tired I could relax right into bed. the workout on day 8 tired me out very well. I used to have trouble getting to sleep, not any more..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well,found frozen berries, today! And some oats with flax seed included!
    I'm exhausted. I wanted to go to sleep at 6pm.

    ReplyDelete